Welcome to my campaign blog. I will post information about issues I feel are critical to the future of Pennsylvania and its citizens.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why I have decided to run for office this year:



Pennsylvania had a beautiful and healthy environment in which to live and raise a family. Sadly, some elected officials in our state sold us out to the oil and gas companies, including my opponent, who scored a perfect 0% on the Marcellus Shale scorecard.

I am appalled that not only are the oil and gas companies poisoning our land, air, and water; they also plan to drill where ever they want and sue us for fighting back.  The counties voted to accept the minimal impact fee. In return they will lose all local zoning rights. Responsible drilling with much more stringent oversight is needed. A moratorium should be declared on all further drilling in our state forests, half of which have already been sacrificed. Act 13 is a travesty. All who supported it should be voted out of office this year.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN to that Luana. I saw a devasting film on fracking and the demise of mountains and waters in West Virginia and I was totally appalled. I was a late comer to living in beautiful PA but when I joined a few hiking clubs I saw a fair amount of the beauty in PA but also the residual destruction from strip mining. Its all the same to me---crass destruction of nature for profit and greed. Perfectly pitiful.

    ReplyDelete